WHAT IS FLUKAZOLE® C PLUS SELENIUM?
- Synergised combination of triclabendazole and oxfendazole
- Broad spectrum worm and liver fluke control, including all three stages of liver fluke (including the dangerous 2 week old fluke)
- Contains selenium
- Free-flowing oral drench for cattle and sheep
Areas where liver fluke is found, typically throughout south-eastern Australia generally where rainfall is 600mm or more or in drier areas where irrigation channels are accessible by livestock. This includes south-eastern Queensland, eastern New South Wales, most of Victoria and parts of Tasmania and south-eastern South Australia.
- Autumn Treatment (compulsory)
7 – 10 days following the first frost. Designed to clean out the fluke prior to the stresses of winter.
- Spring treatment (compulsory)
Break the liver fluke lifecycle by removing any fluke that have survived winter. Prevents the contamination of pasture with fluke eggs as temperatures warm up. This treatment should occur prior to the spring break.
- Summer / early Autumn (tactical)
Recommended for areas with extended periods of warm conditions. Ideal timing is January or February treatment to suppress fluke numbers.
- Mid winter treatment (tactical)
For areas where fluke infection can continue all through the year such as warm coastal areas a mid winter treatment may also be necessary.
WHY CHOOSE FLUKAZOLE C PLUS SELENIUM?
- The strength of synergy (controlling 2-week old fluke)
FLUKAZOLE C PLUS SELENIUM utilises the synergistic effect of a triclabendazole and oxfendazole combination, providing outstanding liver fluke control. FLUKAZOLE C PLUS SELENIUM is one of only two products to carry an APVMA approval that specifies the control of damaging two week old liver fluke and all older stages through to adult. The other is Virbac’s NITROMEC® INJECTION.
- Broad spectrum worm control
In addition to providing outstanding liver fluke control, FLUKAZOLE C PLUS SELENIUM controls all major internal parasites that are susceptible to a benzimidazole drench, including gastro intestinal roundworms (including inhibited Ostertagia, lungworms and tapeworm).
- Aids in controlling selenium deficiency
Selenium deficiency is common in the higher rainfall areas in which the liver fluke is prevalant.
- New improved formulation
The new improved formulation flows through drenching equipment easily even at low temperatures.
- Triclabendazole 120g/L
- Oxfendazole 45.3g/L
- Selenium (as sodium selenate) 1g/L
DOSAGE & DIRECTIONS FOR USE
FLUKAZOLE C PLUS SELENIUM is given orally at the recommended dose rate of 1mL/10kg bodyweight.
|Up to 100
Cattle in excess of 650kg dosed at 5mL/50kg bodyweight. Sheep in excess of 75kg dosed at 1mL/10kg bodyweight.
- Meat: 21 days
- Milk: Do not use in animals, which are producing milk or milk products for human consumption. Do not use less than 21 days before calving in cows or lambing in ewes where milk or milk products from treated animals may be used for human consumption. Calves fed this milk should not be slaughtered for human consumption within 10 days. Lambs fed this milk should not be slaughtered for human consumption within 7 days.
- ESI: Cattle: 56 days Sheep: 63 days
Store below 30°C (room temperature) in original container.