Neutradex: Quick Reference Guide
Ranges: Exercise & Stress Recovery, Performance
NEUTRADEX® aids in the prevention and treatment of acidosis, dehydration and ‘tying up’ syndrome in horses.
- High performance althletes in hard training
- Horses with a history of tying up
- Re-hydration after exertion in conjunction with a balanced electrolyte
- Helping to flush toxins and waste products after hard exercise and hence to maintain kidney, bladder and urinary tract function
- Young nervous and heavily muscled horses in work
Each 28mL dose contains:
|Sodium acid citrate
DIRECTIONS FOR USE
Ensure an adequate supply of cool, clean water is accessible. NEUTRADEX® exerts a mild diuretic and neutralising effect on acidic substances which accumulate in the muscles and blood stream. Metabolic acidosis may impair normal muscular function, thereby interfering with performance. Dehydration, which can cause sluggish blood flow and impaired tissue oxygenation, can be effectively assisted by the administration of NEUTRADEX®. In horses, NEUTRADEX® may also be prescribed as a co-treatment in kidney, bladder and urinary tract infections.
Dosage And Administration
Horses (450 – 500 kg): 28mL of NEUTRADEX® added to the feed daily. Following hard or fast work or racing, give 50 mL NEUTRADEX® orally (by syringe over the back of the tongue). Horses suffering from dehydration need a supplementary daily ration of electrolytes.
NEUTRADEX® can be safely used with balanced electrolyte supplements based on the particular work program.
- HUMIDIMIX® - use daily for heavy sweaters such as trotters, pacers, endurance horses and eventers.
STRESSALYTE® - use daily for gallopers such as thoroughbreds.
- RECHARGE® - apple flavoured “sports drink” for rapid post-work replenishment at a dose of 40-80mL over the tongue for immediate response. It has a similar composition to horse sweat and also contains glucose for energy replacement. Make sure the horse has access to fresh water.
To Help Prevent Tying Up
Give additional 30mL by mouth after every workout or slow work, and increase to 50mL after any hard work (if horses are prone to muscle soreness and tying up).
To Maintain Thirst On Fast Work Days
Give 50mL NEUTRADEX® over the tongue as soon as possible after very hard or fast exercise to neutralise acid and stimulate drinking.
50mL over the tongue prior to evening meal
Day After Racing
50mL over the tongue prior to morning meal
Do not use NEUTRADEX® within 24-36 hours before competition. Use immediately after hard work and after warm down exercise is completed, for one to two days. Ensure fresh water is available at all times after dosing. Add to the feed daily or give over the tongue. Ensure fresh water is available after dosing. Use only as directed.