Recharge: Quick Reference Guide
Fluid and electrolyte depletion due to strenuous exercise and sweat loss during training, racing, competition and transport in all performance horses.
RECOMMENDED FOR USE IN
- Horses prior to, during and after travel
- Performance horses following sweat loss
- Rehydration after illness or diarrhoea
- 'Tucked-up' horses - showing signs of dehydration
Each 60mL dose contains:
DIRECTIONS FOR USE
RECHARGE® concentrate solution can be administered by oral syringe over the back of the tongue, with immediate access to clean, fresh water provided to drink as required. Alternatively, RECHARGE® can be diluted with clean, fresh drinking water as directed. Dosage rates are for 450-500kg horses. Ponies less than 350kg offer half dose volumes.
||By oral syringe over tongue
||Made-up drink in water|
(up to 30 minutes duration)
|40mL in 2 litres of water|
(30-60 minutes duration)
|60mL in 3 litres of water|
Racing, Jumping, Dressage, Polocrosse, Polo, Stock Work
|80mL in 4 litres of water|
|Heavy Sweat Loss and
Dehydration in all horses, Endurance, Eventing
|80mL after exercise
||80mL in 4 litres of water|
SPECIAL DOSE RATES
- Severely Dehydrated Horses: 6-8 litres of made up solution (40mL RECHARGE/litre water) may be administered by stomach tube as required under the supervision of a veterinary surgeon.
- Endurance Exercise: 60 - 80mL can be administered by oral syringe over the tongue, during a ride or at check points, provided water is available or offered immediately.
- Travelling Horses. Hot weather or long distances: 40 - 60mL over tongue with water provided 30 - 60 minutes before travelling, repeat every 2 - 3 hours during travelling, and again on arrival as required.
- 1L pack: Provides 16 doses for average horse.
- 5L pack: Provides 83 doses for average horse.
Store below 30ºC (Room temperature). Protect from freezing. Replace cap tightly after use.